Application Qualifications -
1. Applicant/wish recipient must meet Medicaid financial qualification.
2. Applicant/wish recipient must meet requirement of living in a skilled nursing or assisted living community.
3. Applicant/wish recipient must be physically able (with moderate modifications/support) to participate in the activity requested through the Bucket List Wish application.
Review Process -
After Applicant/wish recipient has successfully submitted a Bucket List Wish application, it goes through the application review process, which generally consists of the following steps:
1. application review for financial/residential eligibility
2. programmatic review for qualified adventure
3. board review and approval
Applications are initially reviewed for registration information and completeness, ensuring that basic requirements, as described in the solicitation, are met.
If all basic requirements are met, the application manager (Executive Director) will then review the application to make sure the information presented is reasonable and understandable. The application manager will also review the application to determine if it is responsive or non-responsive to the solicitation purpose areas. The results of this programmatic review are used in conjunction with other relevant factors to assess applications and make ultimate funding decisions.
Finally, the board of directors conducts a financial review of all applications at quarterly board meetings to verify applicant qualification and to issue final approval to fund.
Once approved for funding, additional information/health evaluation of wish recipient is required.
Application for granting of a bucket list wish does not guarantee a wish will be funded/granted.